While working with Apollo GraphQL + Prisma + Node + ReactJS stack, I was following an approach to import typeDefs like this, which was not the bad apporach but not the best even. Because i wasn’t getting syntax high-lightening while defining schema.
I created a file named “schema.js” and put the typeDefs there and simply exported it as default.
In the index.js where i created the ApolloServer, imported this file and then used as typeDefs.
Everything works, but this was not the best approach, as i wasn’t getting syntax high-lightening while writing schema.
So, after research i found this approach which is very suitable:
Now to translate this schema.graphql file to normal typeDefs we will use a npm module named graphql-import like this:
And that’s it, You are ready to run your graphql server now. This wasn’t the biggest thing in the world to solve but i tried to share what i was doing wrong and what i did to correct it.
Leave some claps, and maybe a follow if this post helped you in any way :) I will continue to post all the things i am experiencing in my Full Stack Journey.